Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Where can I submit a request for a Raise?

Oh Boy what a day. Now that the little ones are in bed I can relax (I refuse to look at you 3 loads of laundry that need to be folded. You do not exist right now) Today has truly been one of those that I congratulate myself for making it all alone. This morning was insane and stressful and as both kids and I were crying ( Madison woke up and hour and half early and starving and Ethan Decided not to start the day off with a nap, as for me... well i just wanted the cup of Coffee that i had made!) The thought crossed my mind. I NEED a raise. How true is that? there are countless studies such as this that discuss the financial worth of a being a mom.this being my favorite It is not for Sissy's. Dealing with diapers, and spit-up, vomit and Milk drenched toast ( Madison and her breakfast this morning...ugh) on the floor. But its not for the toughies either: "You hit your head on that thing I warned you about? Deal with it!" or "Hey kid! You haven't touched that toy in 20 min, if you are done go clean it up NOW!" its all about finding your balance. I realized while running errands that the Raise I wanted wasn't financial (not that id be sad if i got an extra 25 every two weeks) it was that I needed to be reminded that even though didn't handle 2 cranky kids and being the oh-so-not-a-morning person sleepy mother in the best manner, I did manage through it.  I managed to get us into the pharmacy, I managed to get us into music and story time... a few minutes late and in the back but we made it. Dropping things off at Brandon's office? DONE! Post office? DONE.  Fed the Kids, got them both to take a long name, fed them again, cleaned up and got them to bed. All on my own. And you know what? The fact that I survived all the mundane things in my day is my raise. That which seemed impossible at 8:30 am happened.

So here is my Challenge to all of you. If you overcame even one thing on your to do list celebrate it... and maybe pray that someone will notice and give you a financial raise or perhaps a compliment to lift up your spirits.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I " raise" my coffee cup to ya girl :) Amy PAyne