Friday, May 1, 2009

Why do we have a Blog Again?

You know it's been busy when your neighbors call to make sure that you are alive. They called last night and we assured them that we are OK... just never home!

It really has been busy for us but hopefully that will change this month a bit... at least for a while we hope! March and April where insane months with many highs and lows for us and we are very glad to start over in a new month.

March was taken over by the loss of my Grandmother who passed away less then a week before her 93rd birthday. Grandma 'B' or Birdie as her friends and family knew her had a long, and not always easy life. Her health really began reclining back in December and we have been very surprised that she was able to make it to March 11Th. The last time that i got to see her on this Earth was the Saturday before and she was suffering from a severe loss of memory. She could look at me and realize that I looked like myself, yet in the very next sentence would ask me whose child I was. That was one of the hardest part of her deterioration, and a part that I am glad that my aunt didn't get to see her like. The last thing that she said to her nurse when the nurse told her that she was loved just like a baby to them, my Grandmother said that "It's time for the Baby to go to sleep" and she did. When the nurse came back a few minutes later she was gone. Very peacefully without any pain. And for that we are thankful.

Unfortunately the timing of the Funeral and Burial kept Brandon from Going to Pastors School this year. I felt bad that he stayed with me but know that I would have done the same had the situation been reversed. Hes really a great Husband to me.


April was just plain busy! It seemed that we where always doing something, or preparing to do something. Plus with Ladies Meeting in Durham, Brandon's work conference in VA Beach, youth conference back in Durham and the very successful car show at church and another ladies meeting this past Monday plus other varies activities no wonder the neighbors think we up and moved!

No comments: